“It boasts some valued and much-loved landmark buildings which we want to protect, whilst enhancing the general area to ensure it can continue to work for and be enjoyed by everyone while being economically viable into the future. This is a real chance to influence how Gorleston progresses over the next ten to 15 years, so everyone’s feedback is very important to us.”
The plans could include measures to:
- Make better use of the clifftop, building on the success of the cliff top gala and increasing outdoor physical activities in line with the outdoor play and open spaces review currently in progress
- Safeguard the Edwardian character of the area, including key buildings and features such as the Gorleston Pavilion Theatre and promenade
- Encourage more visitors and residents to use the seafront all-year-round by improving the availability of attractions and amenities; exploring the potential for arts and culture opportunities and improving beach access for people with disabilities
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the area
- Review wayfinding and signage to improve access and rationalise street clutter; improve the public realm around the beach, car parks, pier and nearby streets; ensure that transport routes to the seafront areas reduce congestion and encourage sustainable transport opportunities where possible.
People can take part in the online survey until midnight on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at https://www.great-yarmouth.